file:///C:/Users/Cara/Downloads/pinterest-7f2e6%20(4).html Cara Elisabeth: 50mm f/1.8

Friday 16 November 2012

50mm f/1.8

I love next day delivery. It's a few extra pennies, but it means I get to go out and play much faster!



Such a huge box for this didi little thing. I love it, the depth of field is insane, although I've found it even harder to focus on exactly what I want to focus on. I've been practicing with it since it arrived - trying to get used to shooting with a prime lens rather than a zoom - and who better to practice on than my niece, nephew and cousin (not one of them exceeds the age of two and definitely won't pose or stay still for pictures - perfect when you're preparing to shoot documentary style wedding photography).



The lens deliver's beautiful, sharp images, even in low light - although a high ISO is sometime's necessary, but I try to keep it as low as possible to avoid creating noise and decreasing the quality of the image.

It's a very noisy lens, you can definitely tell when it's working. This is a feature, along with it's plastic and toy-like appearance that I think would turn the nose of most camera snobs (if I had the funds I probably would infest in something that would last a little longer - its durability isn't one of it's strengths either). However, I believe that if you can get great shot's from cheap equipment, imagine what you could do with the more expensive stuff!

There were a lot of review's elsewhere online that commented on the lenses inability to create good bokeh. I can see definitely see what they mean, but I don't think it's a huge hindrance and I can certainly live with it for the time being.

I'd recommend this to anyone starting out and who is on a budget!


WEDDING IN THE MORNING!!

Even more nervous now. Especially since I've been unsuccessful in my attempts (so far) at fixing the 'err 99' problem that has been cropping up on my camera for quite some time now. I've tried sending it back to Jessop's, but they just sent it back with a new battery pack (which didn't help). Research online has proved futile, nearly everything saying that 'err 99' is just a general error message, so it could be a number of things. I've tried changing the SD card, cleaning the metal contact points at the base of the lens, cleaning and de-gunking the rest of the camera body...

I'm about to download Canon's Firmware Update 1.0.3 which I've come to believe should fix the problem (fingers crossed!!!) Or else I'm going to spend a lot of time flipping the battery pack in and out, every time I want to take a stream of photographs. I definitely think my poor 1000D is reaching the end of his day's, but we're going to troop on through tomorrow, like we always do!

Wish us luck, we might need it! Photo's to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment